Your Rights in Relation to Privacy
At Organise.Curate.Design (OCD), we understand the importance of protecting the privacy of an individual’s personal information and adopts the Australian Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Act).
Kinds of Personal Information
During the provision of our services or through your use of our website, we may collect your personal information. Personal Information is information about you, which could be used to identify you.
The kinds of personal information we collect may include:
- contact details such as your full name, business or personal addresses, email addresses, phone and fax numbers
- date of birth
- details of your ABN and/or ACN; and
- financial information including credit card and debit card details
- any information you choose to share to the Platform or Online Community.
Whilst you are under no obligation to provide us your Personal Information, we may be unable to provide you with our services if you do not provide all requested information.
You must let us know as soon as reasonably practicable of any changes to your information, or if you are aware of any inaccurate, out of date, misleading or false information.
Collection of Personal Information
Generally, we will collect your Personal Information through:
- direct contact with you, whether in person or over the phone, email or post;
- the completion of online and/or physical forms;
- your completion of our course content, or otherwise through you attendance at a course;
- the information you provide to the Platform, Online Community, or Coaching Sessions;
- information services providers, social media sites or publicly available information.
When you use our website, the following information may be logged for statistical purposes and for the purposes of marketing and advertising to you:
- the date and time of your visit to our website;
- your IP address;
- pages that you accessed and documents downloaded; and
- the type of browser you were using.
Cookies may be used on our Website. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard drive for record keeping purposes. We may collect Cookies in order to allow our Website to function properly, to monitor aggregate site usage data such as total number of visitors and pages viewed and to enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Website. Most web browsers are set to accept cookies and do not personally identify the user.
Purpose of Collection
We may require your personal information for the following reasons:
- to respond to your enquiries and provide our services and/or products;
- for accounting, billing and other internal administrative purposes;
- to invite you to events or functions;
- to add you to our mailing list where you have subscribed to our newsletter; and
- to inform you of updates, products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
We may also use and disclose your personal information in order to inform you of products and/or services that may be of interest to you.
In the event you do not wish to receive such communications, you may, at any time, request not to receive direct marketing communications from us or use any opt-out mechanism provided and we will comply with that request.
Collection of Personal Information by Third Parties
You may be redirected and asked to submit Personal Information to third-party entities in the course of accessing our Services or the Course.
For example, parts of our Services require access to a third party:
- social media host (e.g. Facebook);
- video conferencing software host (e.g. Zoom);
- Platform host (e.g. Kajabi); and
- payment provider (e.g. PayPay).
These third parties may be based in overseas countries.
You should read any third parties’ privacy policies prior to submitting any Personal Information. These may be found by clicking on their provided links.
Whilst you are not under any obligation to provide any third-party with your Personal Information, please be aware that we may be unable to provide you with our full range of Services unless you do so.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your Personal Information to third parties.
We limit the information provided to third party providers to that which is reasonably necessary for them to perform their functions, and our contracts with them require them to maintain the confidentiality of such information.
We will otherwise not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent or unless required by law.
Security of Your Personal Information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Information we hold is protected from misuse, interference and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Generally, we hold your Personal Information electronically, but may from time to time hold your information in paper form also.
In the event that your Personal Information is subject to a data breach, we will comply with all mandatory statutory notification requirements.
We will destroy your Personal Information in circumstances where it is no longer required, unless required by law to retain the information.
How You May Access Your Personal Information
Under the Privacy Act, you have a right to access and seek correction of your Personal Information that is collected and held by us.
If at any time you would like to access or correct the personal information that we hold about you, please contact our privacy officer:
Privacy Officer email address: [email protected]
To obtain access to your Personal Information:
- you will have to provide proof of identity to ensure that Personal Information is provided only to the correct individuals and that the privacy of others is protected;
- you will need to be reasonably specific about the information you require; and
- We may charge you a reasonable administration fee, which reflects the cost to us for providing access in accordance with your request.
If we refuse your request to access or correct your Personal Information, we will provide you with written reasons for the refusal and details of complaint mechanisms.
Please direct all privacy complaints to our privacy officer. At all times, privacy complaints will be treated seriously and dealt with in a prompt and confidential manner.
You will be informed of the outcome of your complaint following completion of the investigation, which will take no more than 30 days.
In the event that you are dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint, you may refer the complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.